Wednesday, January 27, 2016

"Stages" by Gillian St George

Whenever I work in only black, white and red, I wonder why I'm not doing it more often.  This limited palette naturally gravitates me to a more 'zen' design and my only regret is that I've neglected my calligraphy training. There is an unhurried simplicity in the application and one could get into a meditative state (see note below).  
A lovely little book I reference quite often is 
"The Spirit of the Chinese Character" by Barbara Aria and Russell Eng Gon.
My "365 Days of Tao" tries to be a daily read, 
and is incorporated into the end of my yoga practice. 



"Stages" by Gillian St George
Acrylic on canvas sheet
8 x 8 matted to 12 x 12
Click HERE for price & shipping details and thank you!

That being said..... if I didn't have the country music radio playing I could say I was meditating while painting!  However, as anyone who listens to country music knows, it is lively, repetitive and definitely NOT meditative!

Om and Namaste'
Gillian

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

COMMENTS  are greatly appreciated!

Click HERE if you are reading this as an EMAIL
and it shall take you to my blog ONLINE  where you can leave a comment.


Online:  Click on 'COMMENT' below.
If you have a Google account you're already signed in.
If you are not a Google member simply choose either Name/URL or Anonymous. 
Note:  Comment doesn't show up immediately.

Also, I would LOVE it if you would 'like' my blog/art to FB and Pinterest.
Online, you can see the icons just below comments -
feel free to click on all of them!

Many thanks for your continued support - it means a lot!
Gillian


2 comments:

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Gillian, I am fascinated and delighted by this departure from your usual colors. I need me some zen today, so thank you. Namaste.

Gillian St George - Painting with Passion said...

Dotty....I am going all out today. More zen paintings to come! Glad you liked it😃 Gillian

Harmonious Light Collection

"Harmonious Light" Collection by Gillian St George - Artist These past few months have been very productive for me...