Wednesday, January 6, 2016

"Inseparable"

I'm always searching for, and experimenting with, unusual color combinations that alongside each other, they become inseparable.  In a certain light the Iridescent Bright Silver on top of the plain Parchment (cream) just pops, but oh so subtly in a calming way. And of course as you walk by, it changes color as Iridescent colors do.  Tantalizing! Then the Light Blue Violet surrounded by dark blue (Anthraquinone) is rich and yummy, and by throwing in a little white and dark grey it has  exciting contrast.  All together - the colors are soothing yet energizing, luscious and quite joyful.   From where I'm viewing it....I'm in love.... and we might be inseparable! 


"Inseparable"
12 x 12 
Acrylic on Masonite Panel
$144-
Click HERE to become a happy Collector!

I painted "Inseparable" on masonite panel which allows for easy framing without mat and glass but it can also be proudly displayed just as it is, on an attractive easel.


~~~~~~~

Episode One of ~ How The Painting Turns Out ~

An ongoing project that I am excited about, is a 24" x 72" horizontal commission.  
The client would like a painting for his office that has a patriotic feel. 
We decided upon a representational piece of an Alaskan scene 
with distant mountains and a proud Bald Eagle flying high over glistening water.   
I have chosen two or three reference photos 
that my husband and I have taken while on our travels. 
After providing my client with my intended design - we're good to go!

So after drawing up a design we built the frame in my studio.

Then we stretched the canvas. 
Here I am using my dining room table to spread out.
And before taking a Christmas break, 
I applied several coats of gesso to seal the canvas.

Episode Two of  ~ How The Painting Turns Out ~  coming soon!

___________________________________


COMMENTS  are greatly appreciated!

Click HERE if you are reading this as an EMAIL
and it shall take you to my blog ONLINE  where you can leave a comment.


Online:  Click on 'COMMENT' below.
If you have a Google account you're already signed in.
If you are not a Google member simply choose either Name/URL or Anonymous. 
Note:  Comment doesn't show up immediately.

Also, I would LOVE it if you would 'like' my blog/art to FB and Pinterest.
Online, you can see the icons just below comments -
feel free to click on all of them!

Many thanks for your continued support - it means a lot!
Gillian

Gillian St George Contemporary Art
Gillian@GillianStGeorge.com

No comments:

Harmonious Light Collection

"Harmonious Light" Collection by Gillian St George - Artist These past few months have been very productive for me...