Thursday, January 14, 2016

"Above Below" by Gillian St George

I anticipated the Challenge paintings to be in addition to my normal studio work.  
I hoped they would be experimental, that the pressure to be completed in a timely 
manner would stop me from over-working a piece.   A way to have a break 
from my commission work that tends to be planned out, detailed, layered 
and can take weeks or months to complete. 
Sounds reasonable don't you think?
But of course, they take much longer to complete than I had anticipated!

And the past couple of days I found I did not have time for one, despite my intentions.
I am working on a large commission and could not fit in a challenge piece.
 So I would be very disappointed but for the fact that.....  my inner voice stepped in and gave me a good shake - reminding me of an important attitude fact.  

One that I learnt 15 years ago when we were remodeling our house. 
We were playing the role of architect, contractor and clean-up crew 
and at the end of every exhausting day we would look around at the remodel, 
and get very excited at what had been accomplished. 
We were loving it all.  The hard work and the progress.  

Until we were close to the end of the remodel, 
and expecting company from England.......... 
and suddenly we felt very stressed.  Why?  What had changed?  
And then I realized that we had changed our focus.  
We were worried about the unfinished jobs, what was left to do.
We were not seeing the progress and what had been accomplished.

A story that we are all familiar with I daresay......

So I'm delighted to have another little challenge painting to show you 
and am truly astounded that I've been able to paint as many as I have so far!


"Above Below"
8 x 8 Acrylic on Canvas Sheet
Click HERE for pricing & shipping details - many thanks!

I am very appreciative that you have been following my challenge attempts
and I love reading your comments, checking out your websites
 and getting to know you all a little better!

All the best...........Gillian

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


COMMENTS  are greatly appreciated!

Click HERE if you are reading this as an EMAIL
and it shall take you to my blog ONLINE  where you can leave a comment.


Online:  Click on 'COMMENT' below.
If you have a Google account you're already signed in.
If you are not a Google member simply choose either Name/URL or Anonymous. 
Note:  Comment doesn't show up immediately.

Also, I would LOVE it if you would 'like' my blog/art to FB and Pinterest.
Online, you can see the icons just below comments -
feel free to click on all of them!

Many thanks for your continued support - it means a lot!
Gillian

No comments:

Harmonious Light Collection

"Harmonious Light" Collection by Gillian St George - Artist These past few months have been very productive for me...