Sunday, January 17, 2016

"Transition" by Gillian St George

I have been for years an online subscriber to The Painter's Keys - 
twice-weekly newsletters of the entertaining, funny, helpful, astute 
and seriously talented Canadian artist, Robert Genn. 
When he passed last year, his equally capable daughter Sara 
continued on the tradition, much to the relief of artists' everywhere! 


"Transition" by Gillian St George
8 x 8 Matted to 12 x 12
Acrylic on Arches Paper
Click HERE for pricing & shipping details - many thanks!

One of the more helpful subjects Robert discussed was pricing 
and I recently found an amusing copy entitled 
Robert Genn's Ten Commandments of Art Pricing.  
Check it out!  Not only funny but very well thought out.



The Painter's Keys website and Robert Genn's work and letters can be found HERE.  
Enjoy!  All the best.........Gillian


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

COMMENTS  are greatly appreciated!

Click HERE if you are reading this as an EMAIL
and it shall take you to my blog ONLINE  where you can leave a comment.


Online:  Click on 'COMMENT' below.
If you have a Google account you're already signed in.
If you are not a Google member simply choose either Name/URL or Anonymous. 
Note:  Comment doesn't show up immediately.

Also, I would LOVE it if you would 'like' my blog/art to FB and Pinterest.
Online, you can see the icons just below comments -
feel free to click on all of them!

Many thanks for your continued support - it means a lot!
Gillian

7 comments:

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Gillian, some use of stencils here?

Gillian St George - Painting with Passion said...

Stencils? Yes Dottie. When I find some that I like. But I don't use them all the time. And by the way, back to scribblings from yesterday. I also layer a thick light color over a dark one or vice versa, and then scrape with a palette knife point to let the under layer peek through before it has time to dry at all. I did that quite a bit on "Musings". Thanks for your questions Dottie :-)
Happy Painting! Gillian

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Gillian, thanks so much for this ongoing conversation. Methinks I might need to get out a big ol' sheet of something and just play with a bunch of scribbles of all sorts!

Gillian St George - Painting with Passion said...

You're braver than I Dottie....I've always been very hesitant to work large until I know what I'm doing. Hence all these Challenge paintings are 8 x 8 (I do love square!) but I usually use them as 'studies' and work on a large (20 x 20) Gallery wrapped canvas once I like and have an idea of what I'm doing. 5 x 5 is even better for me! But I suspect you are a free-spirited gal Dottie, unlike the neat-nik that I am! Gillian

dotty seiter: now playing said...

The "big ol' sheet of something" I played with today was a whopping 6x8 inches! I haven't worked large for ages. I began blogging and painting daily last Memorial Day weekend, at which point I did nothing but 6x6" for ages. Then in the fall, for a number of reasons, I shifted over to paper instead of gessobord but I still work small. I've only ever done 'studies' a very few times. And, I am way more a neat-nik than a free spirit!

Dotty (with a y)

Gillian St George - Painting with Passion said...

Dotty...I can't believe I've been spelling your name wrong! It's been right in front of me! Glad you spoke up - Thank you!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Gillian, thanks for your gracious receipt of my spelling nudge—since we've struck up a bit of correspondence and friendship, I wanted you to know. That said, you are in good company with the "ie" ending—some of my longest standing friends (of decades) still can't remember to spell my name with a y!!!

Harmonious Light Collection

"Harmonious Light" Collection by Gillian St George - Artist These past few months have been very productive for me...