Monday, January 25, 2016

"Mirage" by Gillian St George


My brain is demanding simplicity and I like to listen to it's voice now and then.  
So here is another calming piece for the day.

If you're like me, you could have two voices:  one might be the lazy voice, 
and the other is the prodding-me-to-get-on-with-it-voice.  
Or one voice whines "I can't" and the other forcefully replies "YES YOU CAN!"

I long ago named these two brainiacs and in an earlier blog (now defunct) 
I introduced them, so forgive me if you have already heard this. 
Please meet Itch and Scratch.  
Just don't ask me which one is which as they like to switch 
backwards and forwards just to add to life's little challenges - 
that way they figure, I'll never really know which is the best voice to listen to :-)
Hmmmm..........  



"Mirage" by Gillian St George
8 x 8 matted to 12 x 12
Acrylic on Canvas Sheet
Click HERE for price & shipping details and thank you!

And thanks for stopping by and listening to my ....er....brain cells talking.
Hugs.....Gillian

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

COMMENTS  are greatly appreciated!

Click HERE if you are reading this as an EMAIL
and it shall take you to my blog ONLINE  where you can leave a comment.


Online:  Click on 'COMMENT' below.
If you have a Google account you're already signed in.
If you are not a Google member simply choose either Name/URL or Anonymous. 
Note:  Comment doesn't show up immediately.

Also, I would LOVE it if you would 'like' my blog/art to FB and Pinterest.
Online, you can see the icons just below comments -
feel free to click on all of them!

Many thanks for your continued support - it means a lot!
Gillian

3 comments:

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Hi Gillian, I like this piece. And I like Itch and Scratch! I think they both had a hand here. While this is calm, with soothing colors and no waves kicked up, it also still has its core muscles quietly engaged.

I'm eager to know the process here—how did you apply paint?

Gillian St George - Painting with Passion said...

Dotty my friend.....this was one of those paintings that started out one thing and ended up another. I began with a brush, tube paint for thickness and a little water to spread/dilute some of it but not all. The colors changed too until I settled on the teal/Manganese Blue for sky and Manganese/Anthraq Blue/Phthalocyanine Blue for lower 1/3. I had wanted a sunrise but it was covered over with the white. The last few layers were applied with palette knife. My favorite area is the upper right where Liquitex Bright Aqua Green just barely shows (probably not in photo) in contrast to the blue. It's all about yummy colors - I could fall into them and be so happy! Gillian

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Gillian, thanks for taking the time to share your process and tools and colors and the evolution of it all. I especially like the textured layering in the sky. Indeed, yummy colors!

Harmonious Light Collection

"Harmonious Light" Collection by Gillian St George - Artist These past few months have been very productive for me...