Monday, January 18, 2016

"Diversion" by Gillian St George

The weekend started out well in regards to accomplishing some painting.  
Yesterdays painting "Transition" seemed to paint itself and I was happily patting myself on the proverbial back.  Then I painted "Diversion" below and I felt even more smug.  Things were going according to plan.  I would get a lot done this weekend.
Little did I know that there really would be a diversion.....

"Diversion" by Gillian St George
8 x 8 matted to 12 x 12
Acrylic on Paper
Click HERE for pricing & shipping details - many thanks!


THEN..... in the middle of the night, the phone's emergency alert beeped loudly, 
waking us out of sleep and signaling that we were to take immediate cover 
because of  tornados in the area.  Yikes!
It's something that happens so rarely in SW Florida, like almost never, 
that it was quite alarming to say the least -  to have to take cover in the laundry room, 
while very noisy winds went screeching by.  
Within half an hour all was quiet again, and this morning we read on the news 
that various homes nearby had been destroyed and people had died.  
Our prayers go out to the families of the victims, 
 and we are so very grateful that all is well with us, our family and friends. 
It's at times like these that we say thank you, over and over, for all our many blessings.

Needless to say, I've been a little groggy today 
and my artistic brain has struggled to even work on my commission.  
My painting "Diversion" came a little too close to home.
It never pays to be smug.......

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

COMMENTS  are greatly appreciated!

Click HERE if you are reading this as an EMAIL
and it shall take you to my blog ONLINE  where you can leave a comment.


Online:  Click on 'COMMENT' below.
If you have a Google account you're already signed in.
If you are not a Google member simply choose either Name/URL or Anonymous. 
Note:  Comment doesn't show up immediately.

Also, I would LOVE it if you would 'like' my blog/art to FB and Pinterest.
Online, you can see the icons just below comments -
feel free to click on all of them!

Many thanks for your continued support - it means a lot!
Gillian



7 comments:

LivinEZ said...

Loving your work Gillian...so glad you weathered the storm and so sorry for those who were affected. Like can be sobering.

Chris Lally said...

Love your beautiful, clean color palette!

What a scary night for you. So sorry for those whose lives / homes were destroyed...

dotty seiter: now playing said...

The color combinations here catch my eye happily. Am I seeing parchment again as a neutral foil?

So sorry to hear about the nearby deaths and very real destruction. Grateful for your smooth sailing.

Diana Johnson's blog said...

Hi Gillian, Nice to connect with you and see your exciting work...wonderful!

Gillian St George - Painting with Passion said...

Thanks LivinEZ, Chris and Dotty for all your encouragement about my paintings. Dotty....yes Parchment again :-)

But I would also like to thank you all for your compassion. In seeing photos today of the damage, and so close (next door) to homes of members of our family, it really becomes apparent how quickly ones life could change. It has made me more aware of how others feel in times like this. Thanks again. Gillian

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Gillian, in the absence of having Parchment, I created something in that ballpark today using raw umber and white. It satisfied my itch for the purposes of today's project.

Prayers as you head to bed tonight. I'm thinking you may feel vulnerable and shaken.

Laurie Mueller said...

M friend was telling me about those tornados. Just freaky. Glad you're safe and Ilove "Diversions" . Cool composition especially!

Harmonious Light Collection

"Harmonious Light" Collection by Gillian St George - Artist These past few months have been very productive for me...