Friday, January 29, 2016

"The Kiss"

Day 29 - Down to the last two days of The 30 Day Painting Challenge 
and I'm happy to still be producing little studies for it.  
However......I am looking forward to it being over for several reasons.........

1)  It shall be good to work again with large brushes on large canvases 
with my abstract expressionism and continue to build up a body of work for galleries.  
I might use a few of the small studies as jumping off points.

2)  I have ideas from our trip to Europe in 2015, for some new 'Narratives' pieces.  
I want to set up my EBay & Etsy site to sell them. 

3)  Figure out if by some chance I have learnt something concrete from this endeavor, 
other than the knowing-I-accomplished-it satisfaction.  
My goal was to become faster at decisions of design, application and completion.  
In other words .... speed up my slow, meticulous process and produce more art work!

4)   I hope that some of the fatigue & stress of having to complete a small painting 
every day, as well as working on a 6 foot commission 
(which is nearly finished too) will be reduced.  

I have my sweet and wonderful husband to thank for his patience 
and for doing everything to keep us in meals, washed clothes and clean house!

Maybe I'll have time to get a haircut, walk on the beach, dig in the garden............ have a life?  
Nah....probably not :-)


"The Kiss" by Gillian St George
Acrylic on canvas sheet
8 x 8 matted to 12 x 12
Click HERE for price and shipping details

I miss hearing the sound of the gentle waves kiss the sand.....
Gillian



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

COMMENTS  are greatly appreciated!

Click HERE if you are reading this as an EMAIL
and it shall take you to my blog ONLINE  where you can leave a comment.


Online:  Click on 'COMMENT' below.
If you have a Google account you're already signed in.
If you are not a Google member simply choose either Name/URL or Anonymous. 


Note:  Comment doesn't show up immediately.

Also, I would LOVE it if you would 'like' my blog/art to FB and Pinterest.
Online, you can see the icons just below comments -
feel free to click on all of them!

Many thanks for your continued support - it means a lot!
Gillian

2 comments:

dotty seiter: now playing said...

The best, when gentle waves and sandy shore kiss! And you've captured the kiss exquisitely here!

Always a gift to open your blog and see what you've painted, Gillian.

Gillian St George - Painting with Passion said...

Dotty, I should have added that I shall more than anything miss your supportive and eloquent comments at the end of the challenge. You are a gem! Hugs......Gillian

Harmonious Light Collection

"Harmonious Light" Collection by Gillian St George - Artist These past few months have been very productive for me...