Wednesday, January 20, 2016

"Emergence " by Gillian St George

This painting is a diptych, two paintings of 10 x 20 together and I spent several days on it, as it is much larger than the 8 x 8 Challenge paintings 
that I've been working on this January.  
However, I started out painting on a single canvas, 10 x 20, and I didn't think about it having a partner and becoming a 20 x 20 diptych until it was fairly far along. 

Which was another learning opportunity as I quickly realized  - turns out it's a smart idea to paint the two canvases side by side for a connecting design, and it's much easier to mix the same sharing colors, and therefore saving a lot of time!
Oh well.  Live-y learn-y.



"Emergence" by Gillian St George
20 x 20 Diptych
Acrylic on 1/2" Canvas
$400
Purchase from GillianStGeorge.com

I love the display flexibility of a diptych (2) or triptych (3).  They can be separated and hung on either side of a window for example, or displayed long, either horizontally or vertically,
for a skinny display above a love-seat or hung both together as shown above.

Have a fun day!
Gillian

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

COMMENTS  are greatly appreciated!

Click HERE if you are reading this as an EMAIL
and it shall take you to my blog ONLINE  where you can leave a comment.


Online:  Click on 'COMMENT' below.
If you have a Google account you're already signed in.
If you are not a Google member simply choose either Name/URL or Anonymous. 
Note:  Comment doesn't show up immediately.

Also, I would LOVE it if you would 'like' my blog/art to FB and Pinterest.
Online, you can see the icons just below comments -
feel free to click on all of them!

Many thanks for your continued support - it means a lot!
Gillian






2 comments:

carol edan said...

I love this...so invigerating.

Gillian St George - Painting with Passion said...

Invigorating.....what a lovely description. Thanks Carol!

Harmonious Light Collection

"Harmonious Light" Collection by Gillian St George - Artist These past few months have been very productive for me...