Saturday, January 7, 2017

Fluidity #7

Today I sprayed the paper with water and squirted in two colors: 
Paynes Gray which is my go-to color every day in my canvas work
 & Green Gold, with which I have a love-hate relationship.  
It always looks like its going to be edgy & cool but it photographs poorly.  
The spray pattern was mesmerizing and I decided not to mess with it 
and just hoped it wouldn't change too much before it dried!

"Fluidity #7"
Acrylic on Paper
8" X 8"



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

COMMENTS  are greatly appreciated!

EMAIL: Click HERE if you are reading this as an EMAIL
and it shall take you to my blog ONLINE  where you can leave a comment.


ONLINE:  Click on 'COMMENT' below.
If you have a Google account you're already signed in.
If you are not a Google member simply choose either Name/URL or Anonymous. 

NOTE:  Comment doesn't show up immediately.

And if you want to see my portfolio of work on large canvas click HERE!

Many Thanks!
Gillian

4 comments:

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Surprise! Unexpected spritzes and squirts! So playful. Payne's gray???—totally blue on my monitor.

You are maintaining hero status with me with your simplicity. [I keep noticing how magnetized I am to simplicity. I keep noticing how far I stray from simplicity myself. And that is all I have to say about THAT.]

Gillian St George - Painting with Passion said...

Encouraging my simplicity is much needed as I am admonishing myself every time I try to fuss and it's a scary scenario to not try and 'improve' things! But even simplicity requires skill - the swoop of the brush or splash of paint can be globby or graceful.....so I'm working on it!! Happy day Dotty....hugs. Xxxx

Sheila said...

Really enjoying your work, and for the same reason Dotty mentioned. I fuss, fuss, fuss. Admire artists who can keep it simple. I love all the spiky edges. Can't wait to see what you come up with next week :) Enjoy!

Gillian St George - Painting with Passion said...

Thanks Sheila and good luck with your work. Unfortunately, it is taking me a lot of trying over and over to occasionally keep it simple! Ha...that's an oxymoron!

Harmonious Light Collection

"Harmonious Light" Collection by Gillian St George - Artist These past few months have been very productive for me...