Wednesday, August 5, 2015

"I mention this only because I am honorable........"

I have entered two paintings, both abstract (non-representational really) into the "Dog Days of Summer" exhibit at Art Uptown Gallery, Sarasota, Florida.

The first is a 12 x 12 acrylic on canvas called "Continuum",  rich in a number of deep blues & neutral Parchment with a bubbling accent of Pyrrole Red to heat it up!

The second painting is an 8x8 acrylic on Arches paper, matted & framed to 12 x 12 called "Orbital" This one is rich in warm yellows offset with dramatic greens and neutral Parchment..

I have not entered any pieces from my 'abstracts' category before so I am curious to see how they play out.  The question every artist asks is "Will they hang or be rejected"?

   
    
"Continuum" 

Acrylic on canvas 12 x 12

$395

To Purchase click HERE


"Orbital"  

Acrylic on paper - framed to 12 x 12

$198

To Purchase click HERE 

Well......the good news is that they are happily displayed alongside many other paintings, entered by year-round residents, who are also cheering that their art work was not rejected!

AND............ displayed next to "Orbital", coordinating beautifully and getting very cozy together,  is a lovely green ribbon with "Honorable Mention" emblazoned across it.  Yep.  Green Ribbon.  Honorable Mention.

What's that?  Did you ask "Happy girl"? Yes.....very happy. :o)))

 Please join us at 
Artist's Reception
  Friday, August 7th,  6-9 pm
Art Uptown Gallery, 1367 Main St., 
Sarasota, FL.  941-955-5409
 
And one last thing........ have any of you seen the Facebook Page "Watercolour Addicts"?  What a perfect name.   It's spelled Watercolour with a 'u' in it. (My spell check is complaining :-).  I posted my  "Majestic Magnolias" blog to it last week and a fair number of fellow Addicts commented and asked me questions about colors and techniques.  What a friendly bunch.  Very nice indeed.

How great is it that we can connect with like-minded artists and collectors from all over the globe and make new friends??  Very.

Have an awesome week everyone.
Gillian

________________


I would LOVE it if you would  'share' my blog/art to your FB page and Pinterest.  See icons just below comments and click on all of them :-)

And how about leaving a COMMENT?  You can either post a comment below or if the comment box doesn't work (it's temperamental) you can Email me with your comments at:   Gillian@GillianStGeorge.com   Many thanks!

No comments:

Harmonious Light Collection

"Harmonious Light" Collection by Gillian St George - Artist These past few months have been very productive for me...