Tuesday, August 18, 2015

"Toujours Belle"






One of my favorite paintings from my Narratives Series is a small (10 x 10) painting of an elderly lady in Bayeux, France.  I photographed her, as it turned out when looking back through my images, a couple of times earlier, by way of documenting the large Cathedral and right after she passed through the town square.

Once she caught my eye, I zoomed in and caught the image that I have now painted.








 She is walking back up the steep narrow street, presumably headed home, surrounded by architecture that shouts out "You're in France", with colorful walls, uneven shutters, ornate doorways and bumpy cobblestoned streets.  It tells such a simple, sweet, happy story of life in a foreign place and transports you, if just for a moment, back there, with the delicious smells of the bakery wafting in the breeze, the booming clang of church bells ringing across town and the blue of the sky giving everything a sunny cast to the day!


"Toujours Belle"
10 x 10
Acrylic on Canvas
$195


Since writing this blog, "Toujours Belle" has sold, and is in a very appreciative home!  Thank you!

To see more of my artwork click HERE

_______________________________________

I would LOVE it if you would  'share' my blog/art to your FB page and Pinterest.  See icons just below comments and feel free to click on all of them :-)

And how about leaving a COMMENT?  You can either post a comment below or if the comment box doesn't work (it's temperamental) you can Email me with your comments at:   Gillian@GillianStGeorge.com   Many thanks!

No comments:

Harmonious Light Collection

"Harmonious Light" Collection by Gillian St George - Artist These past few months have been very productive for me...