Thursday, April 6, 2017

Wabi Sabi


      I am very excited by a new series that I have started, entitled Wabi Sabi, in which I am exploring a mid century modern minimalistic approach.  I am choosing to not only moderate and define my shapes, but to also embrace a simple aesthetic of mark making that grows stronger when inessentials are eliminated.  

I have started off with small pieces, one a day, that I am posting on Instagram and my website.  They are ideal for a small wall, table, or bookcase, arrive on your doorstep matted, and ready for a 12" X 12" frame.  The colors that I am using are current with what's being designed for a newly decorated Spring home! Soft pastels, airy neutrals or soothing blues and greens.  I would love for you to consider a piece for your lovely home or office and enjoy the simplicity and calm of less is more.  


"April 5, 2017" 
8" x 8" matted to 12" x 12"
Acrylic on Paper
$75

Now to the title of my series........Wabi Sabi.  I have included an explanation of what it means (below) but to keep it simple, basically it means 'embrace imperfection'.  Pared down to it's barest essence, wabi-wabi is the Japanese art of finding beauty in imperfection and profundity in nature. Perfectly imperfect or could it be imperfectly perfect?  I find that to be something I continually strive to accept, as my nature is to aim for perfection and in doing so, I lose sight of the spontaneous, fluid and perfectly imperfect moments. 
So here's to more Wabi Sabi in my art and in your lives!

Below are two more days of work now available on my website www.GillianStGeorge.com
                         


"April 6,  2017" 
8" x 8" matted to 12" x 12"
Acrylic on Paper
$75


"April 7,  2017" 
8" x 8" matted to 12" x 12"
Acrylic on Paper
$75


          


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

COMMENTS  are greatly appreciated!

EMAIL: Click HERE if you are reading this as an EMAIL
and it shall take you to my blog ONLINE  where you can leave a comment.


ONLINE:  Click on 'COMMENT' below.
If you have a Google account you're already signed in.
If you are not a Google member simply choose either Name/URL or Anonymous. 

NOTE:  Comment doesn't show up immediately.

And if you want to see my portfolio of work on large canvas click HERE!

Many Thanks!
Gillian

No comments:

Harmonious Light Collection

"Harmonious Light" Collection by Gillian St George - Artist These past few months have been very productive for me...